Friday 21 October 2011

Rainbow Kids


Rainbow Kids

So if you haven't already figured it out - I am a gay man. Gay, gay gay and pretty much write about mostly gay related things/ramblings

It's taken me a while and a whole lotta anguish and confusion to finally be able to say that I am 100% so happy and proud to be gay. I'm 27, turning 28 next week (gay middle aged crisis approaching) and could not be prouder to be an out gay man. Loud and proud honey!

I'm pretty passionate about helping young LGBT teens and kids and think more needs to be done in order to help them realise that they are pretty damn fabulous just the way they are. Parents, schools, mentors, politicians, friends, family all can do more to help these beautiful young people bloom and become comfortable in their own skins

God knows, I know what it was like to be a young gay kid who doesn't understand what the hell is going on in his head, let alone in his heart (or his pants). Its tough thinking you're 'wierd', or 'wrong', and having society reinforce that false message on a daily basis doesn't help your sense of own personal development and confidence.

So I am particularly pleased and motivated when I discover families and special people who are actively trying to make their children's lives even more fabulous and accept them whole heartedly for who they are, regardless of whether or not they're growing up to be a little Mary or butch assed lesbo. They love them for who they are!
I'm following an amazing blog at the moment, out of the big ol US of A of a Mom's chronicles of raising her two boys, one of which is shaping up to be a pretty effeminate young guy who possibly (and probably) is gay.

Now before you jump the gun and start clicking close, since I'm advocating something American, this blog is pretty awesome. CJ and his family's adventures are written by his ( I think pretty fabulous Mom) who shares personal and thought provoking information about the challenges of trying to raise kids, let alone one who may be gay and loves all things pretty, pink and princessy!

I've been there, I was the young fem kid who would prefer to play in his own world of princesses, fairy tales and rainbows. And I know its super important to be in an environment in the real world that is loving, supportive and totally accepting. So well done CJ's Mom and Dad (and Uncle Uncle, and big brother)

The blog is called Raising My Rainbow, and it is beautifully written, both from the heart and from the real perspective of being a Mom.

The link is below - Read it, share it and love it. I do!
Its pretty damn fabulous!!


No comments:

Post a Comment